Going out to eat with your crew can be like a marathon sometimes. There is a lot of preparation – picking the right time of day to avoid the crowds, making sure everyone is well rested, and packing enough entertainment so everyone behaves. Growing up back East, there weren’t a whole lot of kid-friendly restaurants that were both tasty and provided things for kids to do. Thankfully, there are a TON of great options in the Bee Cave/Lakeway area! Here are ten of our favorites that we frequent often:
- Hat Creek in Lakeway. I can’t say enough good things about Hat Creek. Their food is delicious, their staff is friendly, and it’s SO nice to have a playground for the kids to play on while we wait for our food. My kids will usually play for a little, snag a few bites, and run back to play more. I appreciate the entire dynamic of this place and am thankful to have one in our area.
- Mandola’s. If you love Italian, Mandola’s is another delicious restaurant that offers some great perks for the kids. All kids meals come with gelato, which is amazing enough. There is also an adorable playground in the back of the restaurant with picnic benches nearby so parents can relax. My kids are obsessed with the fettuccine alfredo!
- Lucy’s on the Lake. This is another one of our favorites. There is an adorable sandbox and playground, along with beautiful outdoor seating (and inside spots, too!). The drinks, salads, and views of the lake are unmatched.
- Wild Kitchen + Bar. I can’t recommend this restaurant enough! Not only is their food amazing, but they have a really cute outdoor play area AND mini golf for the entire family.
- Mod Pizza. Though they don’t have a playground, Mod is very family-friendly and laid back. Their pizza salad is one of my favorite meals EVER, and my kids love pointing at all the cool pictures on the wall.
- Maudie’s. This is another restaurant that my family loves. The food and drinks are delicious, and there’s a fun fish pond in the patio area of the restaurant that my kids like to look at while we wait for our food.
- Flores Mexican Restaurant. Another restaurant with a playground, Flores has a great menu and fun drinks. They also have seating by the playground, as well as inside.
- Table 620. This hidden gem is part of the new HEB in Lakeway. Their food is great, the atmosphere is casual, and there’s a great spot for kids to run around on the patio area. There is often live music, too!
- All Star Burger. Located in the Hill Country Galleria, All Star Burger has a great selection of salads, burgers, and kids meals. It’s also a fun area where you can grab some ice cream after your meal or run around the lawn in front of Amy’s.
- Sundancer Grill. One of our favorite brunch spots, the Sundancer Grill is tucked on a back road of Lakeway. It has excellent food, beautiful views, and an adorable playground for kids.
Have you been to any of these family-friendly favorites? Which one did you like best?